Rand Fishkin (Wizard of Moz) And I Discuss One vs Multiple Domains; One vs Multiple Product Lines; How Mobile Is Driving Search; And What That Means For Your Content Strategy
- 001. Neil Patel (Kissmetircs Founder) On How to Make Better Decisions Around Client Selection, Branding and Investing
- 003. Jon Morrow (Copyblogger) On How To Use Blogging To Build A Highly Successful Business
- 06. Chris Garrett (CopyBlogger) on How to Use Content Marketing to Win Online (including a Simple 5 Day Plan to Get Your Started in a Week!)
- 036. Onlne Presence, Key Trends in Content Marketing and What This Means For You – With Yaro Starak
- 038. Rand Fishkin – How To Create Great SEO-Friendly Content Plus Key Trends In Search
- 041. Mobilegeddon Is Here! Is Your Site Mobile Responsive? – with Eric Enge
- 071. Rohit Bhargava — Author of Likeonomics and Non-Obvious — On The Value of Content Curation
- Darren Rowse (Problogger) Shares His Blogging Success Secrets (Part 2 of 2)” href=”https://productiveinsights.com/darren-rowse-2/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>074. Darren Rowse (Problogger) Shares His Blogging Success Secrets (Part 2 of 2)
- 085. Is Your Website Mobile Responsive? James Reynolds and I discuss Mobilegeddon and What that Means for Your Google Rankins!
- 086. Ed Dale On Copywriting and Online Business Success Strategies (Part 1 of 3)
- 087. Ed Dale On Copywriting and Online Business Success Strategies (Part 2 of 3)
- 088. Ed Dale On Copywriting and Online Business Success Strategies (Part 3 of 3)
- Sonia Simone CopyBlogger Co-Founder on How To Be A Prolific Content Marketer (Part 2 of 2)” href=”https://productiveinsights.com/108/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>108. Sonia Simone CopyBlogger Co-Founder on How To Be A Prolific Content Marketer (Part 2 of 2)
- Brian Clark On How To Humanise Your Content, Create Empathy Maps, and lots more!
- 111. The Secrets to Building a Powerful Personal Brand
- 116. Brian Clark On How To Humanise Your Content, Create Empathy Maps, and lots more!
- 123. Pamela Wilson on Educational Content and How it Helps in Building a Brand – Part 1
- 124. How to Create Content Consistently even if You don’t Feel You’re a Writer (The 4 Day Content Creation System) – Part 2
Key Points and Insights
- 4:24 – Back in the black
- 5:23 – SEO Moz and their investment strategy
- 6:30 – Some key learnings from building the Moz brand?
- 7:20 – The importance of focusing first on ONE product (before expanding)
- 7:49 – Marketing complexity
- 11:42 – How does a startup solve the problem of managing multiple products?
- 15:50 – Should you get a separate domain for each brand or are you better off focusing on the one domain with subdomains?
- 18:50 – SEO developments – the Mobilegeddon evolution
- 20:26 – Mobile friendly vs mobile responsive
- 21:27 – Should you have a separate mobile website
- 23:00 – The importance of considering mobile user experience when creating a content
- 25:15 – Google Featured Snippet
- 30:36 – Walking the fine line between creating intrigue and building quick engagement via a problem-solving approach
What are the key learnings in growing a business?
- Having more than one product makes managing the business more complex.
- The more products you need to manage the more diluted the marketing efforts become.
How does a startup business solve the problem of managing multiple products?
- Focus first on building one product.
- After having developed brand awareness around the one product, then look at building other ‘product brands’