[Case Study part 2] How A Lawyer Uses Podcasting To Get 10 New Leads And 2 New Clients Each Week
Amanda Farmer is the owner of Lawyers Chambers on Riley, a boutique Strata specialist firm in New South Wales. Amanda sits on the Council of the Australian College of Community Association Lawyers with over 14 years of experience in the strata in the sector.
Her passion is to educate strata owners and that led to her podcast “Your Strata Property”. You can access it at YourStrataProperty.com.au. The Your Strata Property Podcast (and website) launched in 2016 and is currently receives thousands of downloads each month due to popular demand. The podcast has now expanded to include an online membership community for strata owners and managers who seek reliable information and resources for Community Living.
Amanda is also the founder of Women in Strata – a networking group for women working in strata management.
- 080. [Case Study] From $0K – $10K In Six Weeks Without Spending A Cent On Traditional
- 043. Membership Economy with Robbie Kellman Baxter
- 075. Joe Pulizzi — Founder of Content Marketing Institute — Does Your Content Fit Into Your Buyer’s Journey?
- 116. Brian Clark — Founder of Copyblogger — On How To Create Content That Converts, Empathy Maps, How To Use Content To Build An Eight Figure Business and Lots More!
Key Points and Insights
- 2:54 – Recap on key points discussed in the first part of this (ogoing) case study in episode 80
- 12:15 – How Amanda has used podcasting to grow her business without spending a cent on traditional marketing
- 13:57 – Outsourcing and how to use it to grow your business effectively
- 17:13 – Why it’s important to focus on your area of expertise (specialization) and work at or above your effective hourly rate
- 19:37 – How Amanda created a passive income stream through her membership sites
- 23:04 – Putting in hard work to set up a membership site is critical at first
- 26:38 – How to build powerful relationships through podcasting
- 29:27 – Podcasting as a tool to develop a ‘know like and trust’ based relationship with your listeners so you can turn them into repeat customers
- 33:00 – Action steps you can take right now
- Get started with podcasting … today
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) so you can delegate effectively
- Start outsourcing (activities below your effective hourly rate)
- Find a mentor further down the path you’re on
- Either work on launching your podcast yourself (big learning curve) or outsource your podcast launch (www.podcastsetup.com)