Shark Tank Judge — John McGrath — On How To Cultivate A Success Mindset And Build An Enduring Brand
Key Points (Timestamps on Youtube Video)
- 1:08 – How mindset played an important role in John’s success
- 7:00 – It takes at least 10 years to become overnight success
- 7:55 – John’s advice on how to overcome the fear of thinking big
- 10:10 – How to deal with being a public figure and the public scrutiny that comes with it?
- 15:50 – How to make better choices around your thinking in each present moment
- 17:05 – The greatest thing John found about achieving some level of success (it’s not the financial rewards)
- 19:09 – Why John thinks it’s essential to break out of your comfort levels (and how it helped him)
- 23:18 – The importance of focusing on lead indicators rather than lag indicators
- 25:06 – Challenges around separating one’s business brand from one’s personal brand
- 28:47 – Key action steps, insights and wrap up
Why mindset plays such an important role
- It is important to think big, it drives every decision you make.
- Working hard, understanding what it takes and having a tough mindset is what matters.
How to overcome challenges around thinking big
- Make a paradigm shift by changing your focus from fear to excitement.
- Identify the things that scare you and actively work towards overcoming those fears one at a time.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.