Marty Wilson On Humor As The Most Powerful Public Speaking Tool
Marty Wilson of martywilson.com.au is a registered pharmacist who was dead into trying stand-up comedy, and he loved it so much that he won Australian Comic of the Year and moved to the UK to be full-time comic over there for eight years. They say laughter is the best medicine and it must be true. Now he’s back, and he divides his time between writing books, he’s on his 15th cracking up crowds on the International Speaking Circuit, teaching people how to use humor in their business. He has spoken to over 500,000 people, that’s half a million people since he first lit up on stage in 1997 and he’s just returned from San Francisco, and he was the only non-American asked to speak at their Annual Funny Business Conference. There he shared the stage with some leading executives including the founder of Evernote and the director of Video at Facebook who happens to be one of Mark Zuckerberg’s direct report.
- Click here to download the podcast shownotes
- Morefunnymorefollower.com (coming soon)
Jane E Warren. The Journal of Neuroscience, December 2006.
Shaul Fox. Academy of Management Executive Vol 15, 2001.
Related Podcast Episodes
- 067. Matthew Kimberley On How To Use Public Speaking To Grow Your Leads
- 070. Valerie Khoo — Founder Of The Australian Writers Centre On Power Stories (And The 8 Stories You Must Tell)
- 073. Darren Rowse — Problogger Founder — Shares His Secrets Around Prolific Content Creation, Podcasting, & Facebook Live (Part 1 of 2)
- 074. Darren Rowse (Problogger) Shares His Blogging Success Secrets (Part 2 of 2)
- 061. Why Attention Is The New Currency — With Kevin Rogers
- 009. “Blind Man Driving” With Kevin Rogers — Comedian Turned Copywriter