Dana Ditomaso On Kick Point’s Specific Strategies For High-Value Content Creation
Dana Ditomaso is an expert in search engine optimization and content marketing, and she was introduced to me by Rand Fishkin. She’s a partner at Kick Point Marketing. She helps turnaround a lot of marketing BS into real strategies to grow your business. She specializes in helping clients make the most out of every marketing dollar, and a number one goal is to help you to achieve your business goals. She’s spoken at MOSCON, SearchLove, SearchFest, and a lot of other leading events relating to search and search engine optimization.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play
- Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing
- Seducing Strangers: How to Get People to Buy What You’re Selling (The Little Black Book of Advertising Secrets)
Related / Mentioned Podcast Episodes
- Episode 006 – Chris Garrett (Copyblogger) on Content Marketing For Business Success
- Episode 023 — Content Marketing For Business Success
- Episode 032 — Dan Norris On His New Book Content Machine
- Episode 038 – Rand Fishkin on How To Create SEO Friendly Content
- Episode 041 — Mobilegeddon Is Here! Are you Mobile Ready? – with Eric Enge
- Episode 046 — Kim Garst On How To Approach Social Media And Social Content
- Episode 047 — Web Copywriting With Demian Farnworth from Copyblogger
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:46 — Intro and overview
- 01:53 — Where Google is headed in terms of ranking SEO and content
- 02:47 — Dana Ditomaso from Kick Point shares her view on content.
- 03:14 — People often fail to do audience research before planning content.
- 03:42 —Kick Point client case study
- 05:47 — Google Now – your concierge to content
- 08:57 — How content can improve the quality of your brand
- 09:18 — A local tactic for digital strategies that Kick Point implements for client brand building
- 10:14 — One useful business tool to get to know your local media and grow your brand
- 11:23 — Advice for networking events
- 11:56 — A good test to decide whether or not to publish content
- 12:38 — How to overcome challenges with content creation
- 13:09 — The content process Kick Point uses with clients
- 14:12 — Dana Ditomaso shares her take on audio and video content.
- 15:26 — To get comfortable with the content, you need to try different things.
- 16:02 — How to repurpose your content
- 16:42 — Should you be worried about repetition of content when repurposing video to audio?
- 17:31 — Muck Rack’s value for businesses in countries outside the US
- 18:20 — Ash’s key action items to improve your content
- 19:39 — Does your city have a Media Tweet Up? It’s a great way to meet your local media!
- 22:16 — Understand your audience and SOLVE problems with your content!
- 23:02 — A simple content strategy you can use to create useful content
- 23:17 — How you can get in touch with Dana Ditomaso from Kick Point
- 23:49 — Wrap up and key takeaways
- 25:18 — Related podcast episodes