Darren Rowse Shares His Blogging Success Secrets (Part 2)
He's one of the true pioneers of content marketing and was one of the first people in the world to use blogging as an authority-building tool.
Darren's mentored some of the world’s leading content marketers today.
I first heard about Darren from my blogging mentor Jon Morrow.
A few years ago, I had the honor of sharing the stage with him at Super Fast Business Live in Sydney, and later we enjoyed some really interesting conversations over dinner.
He's the author of the Book Secrets to Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income and has founded one of the most successful blogs in the world.
Related Podcast Episodes
- 006. Chris Garrett (Copyblogger) On How To Use Content Marketing To Win Online (Including A Simple 5 Day Plan To Get You Started In A Week!)
- 009. “Blind Man Driving” With Kevin Rogers — Comedian Turned Copywriter
- 021. Facebook Advertising with Keith Kranc and Ralph Burns (Part 2)
- 023. Content Marketing for Business Success
- 029. What Is SEO and How To Integrate It with Your Content Marketing Strategy – with David Jenyns
- 038. Rand Fishkin – How To Create Great SEO Friendly Content Plus Key Trends In Search
- 041. Mobilegeddon Is Here! Is Your Site Mobile Responsive? – with Eric Enge
- 057. Verve Search CEO Lisa Myers on Creative Content, Mindset And Her Favorite Star Wars Quote
- 071. Rohit Bhargava — Author of Likeonomics and Non-Obvious — On The Value of Content Curation Over Content Creation
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:26 – Intro and Overview
- 01:31 – Darren Rowse‘s view on the importance of content completion
- 02:42 – How hiring a proofreader helps in polishing your content
- 03:11 – How to make your blog posts more substantial and valuable to readers
- 04:46 – The benefits of adding visual appeal to make people stay longer on your blog posts
- 06:18 – The secret emotional impact of adding images in blog posts as explained by Sonia Simone and Brian Clark (from CopyBlogger)
- 07:39 – Brian Clark‘s “imagine this” tip on creating an engaging introduction to a blog post
- 08:21 – Darren Rowse talks about the difference between ‘external’ and ‘internal’ problems that readers face (and how to solve them).
- 09:44 – Demian Farnworth explains the importance of delivering the promise that your content makes (implicity or explicity).
- 10:36 – Darren Rowse on key challenges around content creation and how to solve them
- 11:53 – How surveys help to resolve challenges on content creation with Darren Rowse
- 13:06 – Darren Rowse explains how to create blogs that stand out from the cyber noise.
- 13:32 – Jeff Goin’s framework to finding a way to approach every niche
- 15:49 – Ash Roy recaps Part 1 and Part 2 of the podcast and highlights key points.
- 17:09 – Key action steps for listeners to create great content consistently
- 19:48 – How to make use of your best post from Google Analytics to increase your email subscribers
- 21:35 – Find out more about Darren Rowse at www.problogger.com and www.problogger.net/ideas.
- 22:16 – Visit the first part of this episode at productiveinsights.com/darren-rowse.